They say the eyes are the first feature you notice when meeting a new person. Dark circles, under eye bags or pigmentation around your eyes can make you look tired and older but PRP treatments can overcome these issues, can turn back the clock and revitalise tired looking eyes, giving you added confidence.
What are the causes?
Diet, excessive drinking, sun exposure are all causes of temporary under eye bags, pigmentation and dark circles but with just changing your lifestyle you can reverse its effects.
On the other hand, there are cases where a simple lifestyle change cannot help and this is where PRP Therapy to treat under eye bags and dark circles can make a big difference:
- Genetics – many people have a genetic disposition to developing dark circles under the eyes. The pigmentation will appear blue due to the veins under the thin skin. This is common if you are of Asian or African descent.
- Age – we cannot escape the ageing process. As you get older, skin loses its elasticity and its ability to regenerate and repair. When the skin starts to thin, the tiny veins show through causing dark circles.
- Allergies – some people are more susceptible to allergies. Their tiny blood vessels under the eyes end of accumulating fluids and dilating causing puffiness.
How PRP Therapy works to treat under eye dark circles and bags
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy is a natural non surgical solution to treating under eye circles and bags.
The doctor, extracts the patient’s own blood and separates the plasma which contains the valuable collagen and growth factors from the rest of the blood’s components.
This personal regenerative serum is then injected into the problem areas, in this case under the eyes, so that the tissues get the boost they need to repair and rejuvenate the tissues.
As a result you can:
- Regain the lost elasticity and plumpness under the eyes by repairing the weakening collagen and elastin in the skin.
- Create entirely new blood vessels that bring fresh oxygen and nutrients to combat pigmentation problems and enhances your melanin production giving you a healthy glow.
- Clear away puffiness due to excess fluid retention and toxins.
Is PRP therapy painful and is there any downtime?
The injections cause a mild discomfort but with numbing creams you will hardly feel anything. Once the injections have been done and you can literally carry on with your life without any downtime. You should start seeing results a month after the injections.
How many treatments are required?
The treatments are extremely personal. The doctor will evaluate the condition of your skin and then schedule 2-3 or sometimes more sessions with a month or so spacing in between to ensure the best results although you will already see results even after the first injection.
PRP under eyes - How long does it last and are the results permanent?
Since ageing and allergies do not go away overnight, you can expect follow up treatments to be in 6 to 12 months depending on your age, your body’s response to the treatment and the severity of the case when you started treatment.
Would you like to find out more? Do you have any questions?
Get in touch to discuss the therapy with Amanda, and see if it’s right for you.